The Las Vegas Wranglers 2013-14 schedule is available to download and import into Microsoft Outlook, the Palm desktop program or any other standard calendar program.
Choose either a Comma Separated Values (.csv) file of the calendar (for Microsoft Outlook 2003, Palm and some other older calendar programs) or iCalendar (.ics) format.
iCalendar (.ics), is an open standard supported by an increasing number of calendar applications. For example, Apple’s iCal (Mac), Microsoft Outlook 2007 (Windows), Google Calendar, and Yahoo beta Calendar can all subscribe to an .ics calendar and receive updates automatically on a configurable basis.
Download the CSV File
- All dates, times and opponents are subject to change.
- Once you import the file into your Outlook calendar, any schedule changes made to the Wranglers 2013-14 schedule will need to be manually updated in your Outlook calendar. In addition, if you have imported the CSV once and then import it a second time, it will create a duplicate entry. Tip: Delete the first schedule, before downloading an updated CSV file. Check the schedule section here at lasvegaswranglers.com for the latest information.
Downloading the schedule_2013-14.csv file
- Download the .CSV file above.
- Save the file to a location that you will remember.
- After it has finished downloading, locate the file and follow your calendar program’s instructions for importing events.
Importing the Wranglers schedule to your Outlook calendar
- From the top toolbar, click File -> Import and Export
- Select “Import from another program or file” and click Next
- Select “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click Next
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the saved schedule file, select “Do not import duplicate items” and click Next
- From the “Select destination folder” pop-up, click on Calendar and click Next
- In the next window, under the box labeled, “The following actions will be performed:”, click the box next to the option labeled, “Import “schedule_2013-14.csv” into folder: Calendar.”
- In the Map Custom Fields pop-up window, click and drag the fields from the left window into the right window, as follows:
• START_DATE to Start Date
• START_TIME to Start Time
Select START_TIME for team’s local time zone, or START_TIME_ET for all ET
• SUBJECT to Subject
• DESCRIPTION to Description
• LOCATION to Location
• END_DATE to End Date
Select END_DATE for team’s local time zone, or END_DATE_ET for ET time zone
• END_TIME to End Time
Select END_TIME for team’s local time zone, or END_TIME_ET for all ET time zone
• REMINDER_OFF to Reminder On/Off
Select REMINDER_OFF to not be reminded when a game is scheduled to begin or REMINDER_ON for a reminder
• REMINDER_DATE to Reminder Date
Default date is the game date
• REMINDER_TIME to Reminder Time
Select REMINDER_TIME for team’s local time zone, or REMINDER_TIME_ET for all ET.
Default time is one hour before start time.
• SHOWTIMEAS_FREE to Show Time As
Select SHOWTIMEAS_FREE to show the game time as free or SHOWTIMEAS_BUSY to mark that time as busy.
- Click OK, then click Finish
- A status window will appear that says, “Importing Appointments from “schedule_2013-14.csv” into Calendar”
Download iCalendar File
copy iCal URL here:
Apple iCal – Mac:
- From within iCal, choose “Subscribe” from the “Calendar” menu at the top of your screen.
- Enter the full URL (listed above) to the desired iCalendar file in the “Subscribe to:” box and click “Subscribe”.
- iCal will then download the calendar and bring you to a screen which allows you to give a title to that calendar. Check the “Refresh:” checkbox and select “every day” which will instruct iCal to check for updates to the calendar on a daily basis.
- That’s it. Your new calendar will appear, and you can choose to show or hide it by selecting or deselecting the calendar’s title in the “Calendars” screen.
Microsoft Outlook 2007 – Windows:
- In Outlook 2007 Go to the Tools menu and click on Account Settings.
- Click on New from the Internet Calendar and enter the full URL (listed above) to the desired iCalendar file.
- Click Add.
- Type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook in the Folder Name box and then click OK. The calendar will be listed under “Other Calendars” with the name you chose (it does not merge with “My Calendar”).
(Any computer with a web browser)
- Go to http://www.google.com/calendar and sign in. If you do not have a Google Account create one using the link provided at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Add by URL” in the “Other Calendars” drop-down located at the bottom of the menu on the left.
- In the popup window, paste the iCal file uRL you copied above.
- Click the “Add Calendar” button.
Yahoo beta Calendar
(Any computer with a web browser)
- Go to http://www.yahoo.com/calendar and sign in. If you do not have a Yahoo Account create one using the link provided at the top of the page.
- Click on the “+” sign located next to Calendars on the menu on the left, select “Subscribe to Calendar”.
- Enter the URL of the iCalendar file, and select “Next” on the top menu. Add text to “Display As” and select “Save” on the top menu.
- The new calendar will now appear and is accessible from the Calendars menu located on the left hand side of the screen.